Some property owners can’t start any major remodeling upgrades due to budgeting and other priorities. However, for ECO Home Builders there is no project too big or too small for us to handle! There are still numerous smaller home remodeling projects that we can offer to increase your property value. Most of these are considered basic home maintenance to many people, but they still add value to your home.
Home remodeling projects that we recommend to increase your property value
• Application of a fresh coat of paint to interior and exterior facade
• Replacement of any wood or other material that is rotting or damaged for example the lower part of door frames.
• Remove mold that grows anywhere in your home. This could require complete drywall replacement
• Make repairs to the roof when it is showing signs of leaking or shingles are missing. Certain roof areas might be compromised due to harsh weather conditions and is better to fix them before hurricane season.
• Replace plumbing fixtures when necessary. Especially is they are the source of mold issues.
• Fix any holes that shouldn’t be in walls, doors, floors, etc. (look behind the doors where they are not visible but need immediate attention)
• Plant a few trees or shrubs (Landscaping can always add value to your home by giving a very nice first impression to future clients that could visit your home for an open house)
• Remove old carpeting and replace with new flooring. Carpet is more affordable than wood and tile flooring, but it will depend on budget and personal taste.
• Remove the popcorn ceilings especially because this wall texture is considered outdated and prospective buyers might not like it and offer you less money for your home.
• Upgrade your appliances, including your water heater. Stainless steel appliances give a fresh look to any kitchen even if the cabinets are not modern looking.
• Install a new front door or paint it a new color. The door can upgrade the overall look of your home. We have many options available upon request.
These home remodeling projects will not cost that much money, nor will they individually increase the value of your home by much. However, collectively, they will increase your property value enough for you to see a significant difference.
There is not a right or wrong way where to start the remodeling projects, but we can help you choose them wisely, especially if you are only doing them to increase the value of your home.
Are you ready to start Small Remodeling Upgrades? Give us a call today for an onsite FREE estimate at 954-665-0852